Once a year since 1965 the Palace of Brussels is open to the public after the National Holiday of 21 July until end September. There is no entrance fee, it's for everybody. I went there with my friend from France. The last time I had been there must have been in 1966 and I could hardly remember a thing. This year you were even allowed to take pictures without flash.
This week we had a Friday 13. Nothing special happened, I didn't hurt myself and the house in the evening was still standing. But the next day we caught up.
The morning was pleasant, we went to the eye doctor, I for a check up of my surgery and also to know if I need new glasses, and Mr. G to know if he should also get his cataracte removed, but he had not enough so he didn't need any surgery. And I apparently am a miracle, because I don't need any glasses, not for seeing far, not for seeing near, for the first time in 30 years I am without glasses and feel "naked". I have to get used to it. Now in my old age I don't need glasses I would have preferred when I was a young woman.
The new couple !
In the afternoon JC our friend who should cut the hedge, put his car just in front of my garage door. I had to go to Bunny to explain her Facebook, opened the garage door with the remote control sitting in the car while looking for her address in the GPS. Although I had been there already 4 times I still didn't find the way. I heard a big booom, I hadn't seen the car and promptly had bumped in. The men came running fearing the worst, but fortunately only the glass of my rear light was broken and JC had nothing.
While we were discussing and inspecting the nurse came for Mr. G. and really dropped into an Italian household, (JC is Italian too) where everybody shouted and gesticulated to just say nothing. Her arrival was a good occasion for me to escape the Italian comedy. Mr. G. amongst other strange things this time has caught an infection at his elbow with a very elegant name, it suppurates like a river and the nurse has to infect it everyday and put a new bandage around. I am not allowed to do that, it needs a professional ! Of course. Business is business.
Arriving at my friend at least I managed to do a Facebook page for her and she was happy. We chatted a bit about the past when we were young girls and went out each weekend and quickly it was time to go home.
1. As we were 4 scrabbler, I was the 2nd last or the 2nd first it depends if you think positive or negative. Anyway we had a nice time and a lot of laughter. We also noticed that more and more English words are accepted now in the famous French dictionary "Larousse". One grumbled that French would completely disappear if it continued like that.
2. Sometimes you or rather I need a lazy day, where a part from blogging I watch a movie or two or three. Unfortunately I had to go out our freezer was as empty as my wallet and I had to fill it in.
Each morning when I open my eyes I see Mr. G. face over me asking : "What do we eat tonight" instead of a friendly "good morning" (that happens too of course, he is not that bad) with the result that I could jump at his throat and kill him ! What do I know what to eat in the evening, when I just left dreamland ??
4. My friend Bunny who has moved near us now invited me yesterday for a coffee and we put my pictures of London on her computer. She is a beginner but it worked well, she is 76 and learns quickly which means that age is not an excuse for NOT learning or understanding. I also made her a Facebook page and now she can see what her 13 nieces and nephews are writing and her son too. So far she was frustrated not to know. Curiosity is also a vice which naughty men think to be typical female !
5. I brought my little travel computer to the painting course so that everybody could see the photos from our Exhibition.Now they can choose which one they want. I had just finished when a young lady showed up for a presentation of new pastel painting material. She had opened a new shop, called Pierre-papier-ciseaux (which is the name of a children game) and means Rock-paper-Scissors. She showed us how to use it and it was quite interesting. Apparently it was new and came from the States.
But maybe you know it already. Anyway it is easy to use and looks very good.
Nicole absolutely wanted to eat a steak (I don't know for what she need forces) so 4 of us went with her in a old new restaurant and I have to say it was really good. And as I was out already, I thought I also could go to the hairdresser what I did. Now I have a new head.
Which Rosie reluctantly let me show on her selfie !
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
My rate would be minus 1, I don't find the house of my friend only after maybe 3 years. When I have to go direction sea you can be sure that I arrive in the mountains on the opposite side. My left is my right when I drive !
When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!)
Holding a map often but unfolded. It's useless I don't understand where I am in this modern art design ! I have difficulties with east, west, and north and on the London Tube map my husband wrote : Up, down, left, right !
back east, down south, out west, up north No idea where back east is, same with the rest ! Long live my GPS !!!
Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.
Can't choose as I don't know where they are ! Don't want to end up at the Northpole either
2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.
Listening, because I was alone at home and only the cats said a word from time to time to which I answered with a "Shut up" . And no, that's not typical at all.
Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
I think I don't waste anything or maybe a little. At my vintage age I feel not guilty and I don't change anything.
4. Did your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.
My parents took regular vacations, but without me they dropped me off at my grandma. I can't remember any family roadtrips from my childhood as there were no cars in the 50th.
5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why? Nothing. I would sit down on a bench and watch flowers growing. Why ? because I love flowers
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A cup of coffee pleeeaaase !