17 Sept 2015

PLAYING ROLES

Letter R


When I was a little girl I wanted to become actress. I loved to play roles which I invented for me and my little friends. Then we would dress up as prince and princesses and invented little plays. Strange was that no girl wanted to play a prince and there were always discussions who would play this disgraceful role. As a princess you were allowed to wear old beautiful clothes from your mum, as a prince we had to look for old trousers (leggings didn't exist) from a brother amongst my friends.

At school we had theatre plays too. Once I had to play a policeman and wasn't happy at all in my old 1800 something uniform. Another time I was a farmer with a pink pig out of fabric. Imagine !

When I was a young girl I sometimes played roles too.


Pictures of the party in 1963

Once I went to Cologne for the carnival and on the evening during a party I spoke German with a terrible French accent so that they all thought I would be French and complimented me how well I spoke German. I have to admit that at the end it was hard to keep my accent.

Now I have reached the vintage age, have played many roles during my life, but never as an actress, it was on the stage of real life. At least I had a dream which didn't come true maybe fortunately !




Jenny Matlock
more participants at Jenny Matlock's Alphabet Thursday

7 comments:

  1. Love the old photos. You grew out of your dream and did something better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the photos were bigger to have a closer look. Very funny about you speaking in Cologne. From my impressions of Cologne, it must have been a good party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stage of real like is a whole lot harder than the one in front of the cameras or audience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that you always put on a great act.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no ability to play a role or speak in front of people, so I admire your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you would have been good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretending to be French who spoke German. Love it! When I was a teenager, I sometimes spoke to the kids I babysat in a Southern drawl. They got a kick out of that.
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !