6 Jan 2017

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

1. As it was snowing and the streets not yet cleaned, I took the opportunity to get rid of all the Christmas stuff. Mr. G. carried the two empty boxes upstairs and we put the garlands, angels, balls and father Christmas in the boxes and closed it for the next year. I pushed a sigh of relief ! The older I get the less I like the year's end celebrities. When I was a child I loved Christmas, later as a young mother too, but now, nothing is the same anymore as I was used to my whole life.



The snow only lasted a day and then melt away, leaving us with salty streets !



2. From my son I had got this nice spring plant and it starts to bloom ! How nice is that ? Having spring in the living room !



My head looked like a mop it was really time to go to the hairdresser. This time I had another  one and was  very satisfied with the result. Sometimes changes are good !

3.As my travel computer had broken into two because of my feather weight when I fell in Egypt at the airport, I got a new one now for Christmas !



I had to order it online because there was none left in the shop, the price was so good that they were sold like warm rolls ! To my surprise it was rather difficult to find  a 11 inch computer, because now the fashion is two in one, or hybrid computers, which can be used as tablet or as a computer. But as I have already a tablet I wanted a computer. It's with window 10, so I am happy with it. Now I need to travel to use it !

4.






I thought I had got rid of all Christmas stuff when I discovered the cushion cover, which I changed and under the TV I also saw 6 angels still sitting there with their instruments. I took them away and replaced them by 6 cats ! A good swap !

5.




For the moment people are crazy because the "Sales" have started. In Belgium there are only two "Sales" periods one for winter and one for summer. And the winter sales had just started. So despite the awful weather the shops were full. Nicole and I went to a shopping center, we had forgotten that it was the first day of "Sales" and we could hardly walk ! Anyway we didn't want to buy anything just have a look and a little walk in the warm and dry center.  We didn't stay long and returned quickly home !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


more participants here at FIVE ON FRIDAY







17 comments:

  1. We call that plant a grape hyacinth. I don't think it should be flowering now for you. Put it outside. I guess you mean a small laptop computer. You wanted the new one yesterday. Had you have waited, maybe Mr G would have bought it for you for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love grape hyacinths!! mine come up around mid april or may here in eastern NY. they are so pretty and look great on your table.

    yay for new laptops....enjoy!!

    it is a good feeling when all the xmas decor is packed up.....back to our routines!!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hyacinths look lovely. I'm waiting for my amaryllis to flower.
    There's always one bit of the decorations that gets missed, isn't there? Glad you spotted your angels and cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I got everything down this year. I hope so anyway, because I carried all the bins upstairs. Although... there's a package waiting for me at the post office and that has some Christmas stuff in it. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think I have packed everything away and then find something that I have missed. The sales are on here too but I don't really need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to have spring flowers in winter! Our first chance to take down Christmas things will be tomorrow, a bit later than usual, but that's just how it worked out this year. And we always seem to miss one or two items, no matter how often I recheck. I have a small box in the hall closet that I keep those kinds of things in - no one wants to go back up to the attic to get to the Christmas boxes once they've been packed away. Congratulations on your new computer! I always love a good haircut, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have your bulbs growing and soon to bloom! It looks like my Amaryllis is not going to bloom again this year, but I am glad it bloomed nicely for two years. I brought two Geranium plants in for the winter and am excited that one of them has shot up a tall stock with blooms at the top! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you, I feel some of the joy of Christmas disappears as we age - however, for the first time in my 78 years, I put out lights in front of my house, and I must tell you that I enjoyed them tremendously. Not so much fun taking them down in 30 degree weather with a harsh wind blowing, but I'll do it again next year.

    I didn't get to see them reflected in snow as our first real snowfall was January 5, but maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took all the Christmas stuff down today and put it upstairs so that Hubby can put it in the loft tomorrow. I thought I'd got it all then when I went out for a walk I realised I'd left the wreath on the front door. Fortunately it was before the other things were put away. I hate shopping when it's sale time. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hyacinth -- those early spring indoor flowers are wonderful day brighteners in mid-winter (I remember those gray cold days from my previous life -- not having any more of them now that we're here in Florida)..... Yes, I agree you really need to plan another trip so you can test out your new travel computer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had snow! I am jealous. We didn't have any proper snow in Shropshire last winter, just one light fall which had melted by 11am, and none this year so far. I usually can't bear to put the Christmas decorations away but this year, I am glad to see the back of them. Maybe I am growing older?! Happy New Year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like just the other day you said you packed up your Christmas decorations and Mr G stored them! I love your new hair do. And I love your computer. You need to test it with a travel trip now ! I didn't know you fell in Egypt. Did you injure yourself? I'm off to read what you did for New Year. (we went to bed at 7.30 as normal!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love having flowers inside in the winter. I just put some hyacinths in some bud vases hoping for blooms. I bought a dell 11 inch screen and I like it so much I use it all the time, not just when traveling. Of course, I travel very little, so I'd like for it to be used! When I bought it I paid quite a bit for it, then I saw the same computer about $200 cheaper a couple of months later. Very frustrating. I'm already tired of the snow. Happy New YEar!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a snow theme happening for this weeks five! Love your new hairdo. It looks great on you. Happy 2017 to your and yours Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, thanks for the reminder! My hyacinth bulbs are in the frig and I need to get them out and planted! Aren't they beautiful plants? Your son chose a great gift.
    We didn't decorate at all because we were gone for Christmas, but we helped our daughter clean up hers.
    We have rain here and we are all excited!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful after-Christmas views. Hope you enjoy your new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haircut! I do not like shopping when the big after Christmas sales are on. Way to many crowds for my liking. We have had a ton of snow that started on Christmas Eve and just kept on coming. Unfortunately here it did not melt away and my poor hubby is getting pretty tired of shoveling!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !