8 May 2017

WEEKEND REVIEW - MAY 6 HOLYDAYS END

This is the last weekend in Hourghada tomorrow I return home into the cold, compared to here.

I spent the weekend as all other days after breakfast on the beach until lunch and then after lunch again on the beach, where usually I fell asleep !

Of course I have a lot to do, I have to swim to chat with different people mostly Germans and English, there are very few other nationalities.




This is my view around my beach bed.

Of course I also love to watch people, some of them make me laugh as this one



who walked around making selfies with different backgrounds !




Salesmen are walking around and talk people to death to convince them either to do an excursion, or watch fishes in a glass boat, or massages or hairdresser etc etc. To avoid to be disturbed I got a little red flag which I hang on my umbrella because after all these years I of course know all this.




I saw an Ibis eating a fish, but by the time I got my camera ready the naughty thing flew away !

I also like to find out the nationality of the people and bet with myself if they are Germans or from the UK. With the men it's very easy, all English men are tattooed at least I didn't find any without a tattoo, while the Germans are without any body art. A very big man with a golden chain around the neck I thought he was Russian and yes he was. Women are more difficult, maybe the English once have a little bit more weight and sometimes also tattoos.


This man was very brown and could compete with David Beckham.

I also saw a little lady with a pink face and white hair and thought she looks like Miss Marple so she MUST be English, but no, she was German ! She was very flattered when I told her what I thought. One thing they have all in common, they all like to laugh and make fun !



After having inspected the shower, three men then replaced the top of the shower, one worked, the second gave his opinion and the third did the survey (together with me !)



When I returned to my room at 5 pm, I found an alien in my bed, who held the remote control in his arms ! I put him on the other bed and had a new companion !












more participants here

9 comments:

  1. It's good you can put up a red flag and avoid being disturbed. I sure don't want to talk to sales people when I'm relaxing on beach bed. I love the cute little alien in your bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hard job you had on the beach with all the people-watching and talking to different nations! I loved the man with the selfie stick. He is very confident (or is he just stupid? LOL) I also love your bedroom companion. All the years you have shown the different towel creatures the staff makes. I have never seen that in any other hotel. Welcome home - were the cats happy to see you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, t hat thing on your bed looks a little bit scary. It really does look like an alien.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun shots! I always smile when I see people walking around with selfie sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what they do with towels!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have obviously had a fun time. It looks the perfect place for a break in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room attendant got very creative with the towel art there! It all sounds like a relaxing and wonderful holiday. Good to know things like that red flag -- there's a definite advantage to returning to the same vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your annual trip to Egypt! Always interesting, but this time the man with the selfie-stick made me laugh and laugh.
    Hugs from here,
    K
    (Kay...An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travels)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're in Egypt and you see mostly Brits and Germans, interesting. You are doing exactly what I would, except for the alien, which looks like a cobra, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !