17 Jul 2017

WEEKEND NEWS AND MEMES

At this time last week I was sitting in the airport in Dublin and waited for my flight. Now I am home and it seems to me that my holidays were 20 years ago !



I took these pictures out of the airplane window and I think nowhere else in the world you can find these charming patchwork landscapes like in Ireland and England.



I had also been in a fairy village, but not for long because we all realized that it was for children.



I am proud of myself, I don't fear horses anymore ! I even petted this one. That's new for me a couple of years ago I wouldn't have approached a horse !

We were invited Saturday afternoon and our friend served us a gooseberry cake, which was delicious and I hadn't eaten gooseberries for years ! Our friend wanted to see a few pictures from Ireland which I did. We had a nice afternoon.

Sunday there was a special event at our Waterloo Lion's battle field (with the Irish accent "bottle field") volunteers carried handicapped people who were unable to walk and climb the 253 steps to the Lion. It was a hard job



but they managed it. Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures it was too far away from the entrance. I think that was really nice to organize such a thing, the view over the fields is very beautiful.

It was a rather quiet weekend.

For Macro Monday



I have this flower photo which I took in a park in Ireland.



and for Mellow Yellow this nice Irish Pub





more participants here








9 comments:

  1. Love the views from the airplane windows!
    Pretty flowers, too
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous macro floral photo and what a time you had experiencing new things, gooseberry cake, petting horses and taking lovely photos ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I love the view from the sky. The patchwork landscape is really charming!
    Never heard of gooseberry cake. It sounds interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even like one small flight of stairs, so I can't even imagine having to climb 253 steps carrying somebody else! It must have been absolutely exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vivid colors from the airplane window are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gooseberry cake! Good friends. Mellow yellow Irish pubs ... busy weekend, great memories... your posts always bring smiles. That really was a lovely thing for the volunteers to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are great! I especially enjoyed the patchwork earth photos. I have seen similar scenery, though not as vividly colored, while going to Kansas City, Missouri from South Carolina (about 30 years ago).

    I don't think I'd be able to get up those 253 steps, but I would sure want to!

    Have a blessed evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the view from the air, the patchwork fields are a joy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !